Friday, August 19, 2011
The Total Tragedy of a Girl Named Hamlet by Erin Dionne
1. Her name is Hamlet, and you can imagine what kind of jokes that leads to.
2. Her parents are Shakespeare obsessed! They even dress and speak like rejects from the 17th century.
3. Now, Shakespeare is making an appearance in her middle school!
4. Her seven year old sister, Dezzie, is a super genius who will be attending art classes at Hamlet's middle school, so she can get into college.
5. Hamlet is barely passing pre algebra.
6. The boy she likes doesn't know she's alive, and the one she doesn't may have a crush on her.
7. The meanest girls in school are determined to torment Hamlet in every way they can.
Hamlet just wants to be a normal girl who goes unnoticed, but life doesn't seem to want to work out that way. If things get any worse, she's sure she won't survive this tragedy!